Ubetcha Ad Banner

Please visit our sponsors :
Support my blog please, click here

Monday 5 January 2015

V5535 CD/DVD Replacement Drive?

I was just trying to fix a friends laptop, the laptop in question is an old Acer Aspire 5315. It also has a dead DVD drive attached. Upon removal of the DVD drive I found it was a Pioneer DVR-KD08RS drive, I had intended on checking it was correctly inserted into the connector as it seemed to have no power.

However with the drive itself in my hand I thourght 'hmm this looks fimiliar'!! and I just wondered..
..a few seconds later I had removed my V5535 DVD drive to compare the drives side by side. Low and behold, they looked very, very similiar. So I chanced it and I can now confirm that my V5535 DVD drive is installed and working in the Acer Aspire 5315 (admittedly without it's plastic facia plate, which needed to be removed in order for it to go back far enough to connect to the laptops internal connector).




Thus if your looking for a replacement DVD drive for your V5535, then bearing in mind this Pioneer drive will also work.

No comments:

Post a Comment