Ubetcha Ad Banner

Please visit our sponsors :
Support my blog please, click here

Friday 1 April 2016

Uninterruptible Power Supplies

So today I went to turn on my computers UPS, and thought, hmm this is different. Try again and take a closer look. Nope, definitely not coming on. O.K. we have a problem.

Simple Solution, just plug things in the normal way? - Sound simple enough but.. how many additional plugs would you need? (3 devices, 3 plugs) Do you have three replacement cables, cables such as 'Plug to IEC' instead of the current 'IEC to IEC' leads which are in use now? (No I probably don't)

Additionally, would I want to run my main computer with no UPS protection (ahem, Not considering the cost of my PC!) So I started looking at replacement UPS's, hmm didn't my UPS say something about '2000'. All these new ones seem of a simply price but the number seems a lot lower?

A quick Google later and I had found my current (broken) UPS - www.vmarkpower.com.
Well, that explains it a little clearer, oh, and I love their optimism!


So onto finding a replacement.. "Hello", Have you seen THE prices? Some how these UPS's have got significantly more expensive then when first purchased over 7 years ago!!

As you can see Dabs offer a few models:


But then I stumbled upon this, which is a little more reasonable, so I'll be buying one of these ASAP. Until then I am using my laptop instead of my main computer so my apologies in advance.

EDIT : Better still! Maplins in the UK are offering these for £99.99 (a quick Google "£100 into EUR" returned €124) hmmm, I now even know where I'm going to by my replacement UPS from!

No comments:

Post a Comment