Ubetcha Ad Banner

Please visit our sponsors :
Support my blog please, click here

Wednesday 14 September 2016

Phone Blocks Access To Certain Websites

I accidentally stumbled across this the other day and thought, yes of course! I'm going to share this realisation with you, just in case you weren't aware of it.

How does a phone block certain website? It's quite simple, your SIM card network operator will be running it's own DNS server (Domain Name System) which basically converts all the website names into numeric values. For example http://www.google.com/ is converted to http://74.125.224.72/, thus they can choose to block whatever sites they wish.

However, if you change your phone's DNS server from their server to a different DNS server, then your good to go again. Here are some of the different DNS servers available.


Of course I've just copied that information from this website, be sure to visit that actual site to get the full information on each DNS server listed above.

So how do I change the DNS server of my phone then? The simplest answer is just Google for it, there are many ways, many different apps so if you Google your make and model of phone + "Change DNS" then I'm confident you will find out exactly what works for your model of phone.

I hope this rather brief post has been informative to at least one person! Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment